Wednesday 9 September 2009

All in a Day (Tuesday 8th September)

Today was a busy day. I had to sort out a lot of stuff in as little time as possible. Still being jetlagged I woke up quite early in the morning and slept very early as well.

Today I went to Bank of America to sort out my bank accounts. The customer service there was so good. As we walked in, we were immediately greeted by a lady who asked if we needed her assistance and within a minute I was sitting at a desk being served by a personal banker and opening my bank account. Unlike in London at barclays where I had to wait 30 minutes just to get to see the personal banker and in the end wasn't even able to open an account. Anyways I found it quite funny, sad and cool that in America you can choose what background you want on your card and cheques. It took me extremely long time to choose mine, eventually I chose my one to have an aircraft carrier at sea, a fighter jet taking off and a helicopter! Very manly I know! I was tempted to get the Hello Kitty one just for jokes, but I knew I would regret it later.

We went to a vietnamese restaurant for lunch. I had been craving for Vietnamese for a while...especially for their spring rolls which is wrapped in rice paper instead of being deep fried - the deep fried ones are called egg rolls. It was very very nice, especially the dipping sauce.

Then we went to the DMV to sort out my licence. Had to wait in a queue for 20 minutes just to get a ticket to wait inside. American people are so friendly over here. People just started long conversations with strangers in the queue, if you tried doing that in London....it would never happen. But anyways it took nearly 2 hours to get my driver's permit (provisional licence) and I ahd to do a written test just to get it. I didnt revise for the test so I was surprised that I got 34/36 and passed. The two I got wrong...one was about not being allowed to smoke in a car with a child in it and the other was something I've never heard of before.

After having gone to the DMV, we decided to go play some golf at the driving range. My uncle is a golf maniac and I was shocking at golf. I would hit a few good balls but my technique is nowhere as good as him. I'm good at Wii golf though! = D

1 comment:

  1. LOL you should have gotten the hello kitty one just for jokes!! you can get personalised bank cards at natwest too i hear... allegedly.
    hmm i love the one with mint and lettuce, is that spring or egg? i'm not too sure.. :s

    p/s i love these blogs, keep 'em coming!

    becky

    ReplyDelete