Sunday 4 April 2010

Amazing Grace

The Lord has risen from the dead. We were dead in our old lifes, in our transgressions and sin but through the death and Resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ our King, we are made alive by him.

This weekend, I went to the International Student's Conference organised by InterVarsity at their "Campus by the Sea" campsite on Santa Catalina Island. It was awesome, just to be able to retreat from the everyday hassles of life and to just devote our time entirely to God. The campsite, as the campsite suggests, was right by the sea. To be able to just admire the beauty of God's creation was just breathtaking. I was fortunate enough to spend part of Saturday kayaking, snorkeling and hiking around the camp, to admire this beauty. Right now I am struggling to find words to describe how beautiful this place was, imagine how much more beautiful and awesome is the creator who made it.

This weekend, I was reminded of God's amazing grace and his everlasting love for us. Especially since this was Easter weekend. We are broken people, we ran away from our creator and our father. We were dead in our lifes, in our transgressions and sins. We decided to do it our own way. But God's love is just so crazy and amazing, it defy's all human logic. God chose to save us, to lead us from death to life. He did this by sending Jesus to live a perfect life on Earth and to die on the cross and then to rise again.

Amazing Grace
Amazing grace! How sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost but now am found
Was blind, but now I see.

Today, after returning to the mainland, we decided to go to Koreatown to have Korean BBQ. It was during this time, I experienced my first earthquake. I didn't realise that there was an earthquake going on until Kim or Esthela pointed out that we were swaying side to side. It was a very surreal experience. The swaying wasn't violent at all, it was like a gentle sway from side to side. It wasn't until after I returned home to Santa Barbara that I realised how serious this earthquake was. It was a 7.2 magnitude on the richter scale and it occured just across the border in mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment